Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Veggie Lasagna & Cauliflower Risotto

Tonight Kevin and I had leftover "Veggie Lasagna" for dinner.

We made one for ourselves and one for the Beatty family. They just had such a beautiful baby boy, Edin. Aimee Beatty said something that really resounded with me. She said, that when you have a newborn, you need to stop looking at the clock. Just because it's 3am, doesn't mean it's time to sleep. It could mean dinner time for the baby and you. I hope the meal worked well for their exciting new schedule. :)

The great thing about this "Veggie Lasagna" is that it not only looks great, but it tastes great.

I will definitely be making it next time we have friends over.

Here's a link to the recipe:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/04/vegetable-lasagna/

While it does take a lot of prep work (cutting up veggies, etc), it's worth the try!

We also had a big thing of Cauliflower left in the refrigerator, so I made a risotto in the crockpot. Can't say it's the best thing I ever made, but it tasted good. I made it with chicken soup instead of chicken broth. That was probably the problem. However, I added some Cayenne Pepper for spice which was tasty.

http://www.oceanmist.com/recipes/165/recipe_detail.aspx

Happy cooking!

xoxo
Gracie
<3

P.S. Kevin and I got a big thing of apples from Costco. They have been so tasty and have filled our dinning room with a sweet apple aroma. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment