Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gray Day

It's a gray early morning here at the house and I must admit the look of gray sky+fog calms me and makes me feel like I'm still in the dreamworld.

Kevin and I had a wonderful dinner last night at our favorite authentic Italian place. They have this great deal - 2 meals plus a bottle of wine for $30. The meals are normally upwards of $20 a meal. We were convinced that the other couples there were some of the smarter couples there who know a deal when they see it.

At the end of our meal, they brought out a heart shaped Raspberry sorbet type dessert.

A little girl runs up to our table and says, "Wow!"

It was pretty cool looking and I said to her, "How cool is that? Can you make a heart with your hands?"

She did it and smiled.

Her mom asked me if I was a teacher and told her I wasn't. (Perhaps I missed my calling on that one?)

Her mom then proceeded to ask Kevin how old we were. She was shocked that we were so young and married.

This hasn't been the first time a stranger has said something referring to us being too young to be married. If they only knew us, they would know that our "real age" is about 35 or 40 years old.

I always tell the people who ask, "The people who know us, love and support us."

Honestly, that is all that matters and we have been so blessed to have been able to find each other so young.

Someone once asked Kevin, "What would life be without Grace?"

He said, "I would be lost, wandering, unable to find myself and completely miserable."

We just complete each other. He is the peanut butter to my jelly. I could not imagine a life without him.

We have the day off today, so we are going to be taking Bridgette for a checkup at the vet.

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Gracie

P.S. Kevin got me a trip for Valentine's Day... somewhere exciting in the next couple weeks. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment