Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Bachelor

Last night I made Kevin a fabulous veggie lasagna and he brought home a delicious cab and we had some great quality time with one another.

One of our favorite things to do when we have the time is to watch The Bachelorette or The Bachelor.

There are so many personalities in the pursuit of love (an emotional setting in the first place), vying for the attention of one man or woman. So basically, one man or woman is dating 20 or so people and a couple people are eliminated each week. Craziness.

This season there has been some controversy around a girl who has been mean to the other girls in the house and the bachelor has really fallen for her.

Alright, it's important to note, that many of the people on this show are single for a reason. Awful character flaws and an awful judge of people's character. The "wrong person" for them may be picked in the end because of this.

In the past, people have undoubtably picked the "bad boy" or the "bad girl" in hopes of finding forever love. Goodness, like that ever works.

Anyhoo, the mean girl in this season has seemed to let her guard down and be really vulnerable with him.

She is a model and he is a nerd. He has really taken to her.

The other girl is a sweetheart that everyone likes and is very compatible for him. He sees a future with her too.

Does one take the good bet or does one take a risk?

The thing is picking either of them is a risk. Relationship is work, no matter who he chooses. He needs to pick who he is willing to put that work in for.

I get far too into this show. I think because it shows a lot about human nature and affirms my decision to be with Kevin forever. There are so many coocoos out there, I feel so blessed to have found a keeper.

There is someone out there for everyone. People just can't settle or they will find themselves in a really tough spot.

Xoxo,
Gracie

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said wholeheartedly.. And amen I refuse to settle I don't care how long I will be single I pray daily that I become the woman God wants me to be and that my spouse to be is growing too and that I trust in the Lord through the whole process and make wise decisions.And enjoy the season in life God has me in. Im glad I read this thank you for sharing Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for refusing to settle and for choosing to grow in this season of your life!

    I've found that being single and being married are both so tough. The key to doing well on both ends is to be content in who we are and to be the type of person that inspires others. You are inspiring.

    Thank you for sharing your story,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete