Thursday, February 16, 2012

Early and Locked Out

Kevin had an early meeting today, so I decided to go to work early. I forgot my key at home and I'm locked out.

I'm tired. Working on my masters and working has seriously worn me out. I have fresh bags under my eyes and new wrinkles.

I feel like it has been worth it, despite the exhaustion.

My brain thinks differently. I ask more questions than I ever used to and seem to see the bigger picture now.

I can't wait for May to come. I'll be a new woman.

K and I watched a movie last night, "The Ides of March".

It's with Ryan Gosling (Kevin's celebrity doppelganger) and is about a 30 yr old trying to make it in politics.

The movie centers around one ethical dilemma after another and brings out the fact that one immoral action can be a slippery slope into making other immoral decisions.

Something I've learned at the publishing house that I work for is the value of integrity.

My boss always says, in this digital age, one immoral trip up can go global before you know it.

Something the movie does well is show the instant value that making an immoral decision can bring and also the toll it takes on the individual from that day on.

People are inspired by truth and integrity.

The question remains at the end of the movie, "What should one do when faced with an ethical dilemma?"

The question obviously goes unanswered, but is an interesting to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment