Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hope is getting married

My sister Hope's boyfriend suprised my sister with a trip home for Easter.

A couple weeks ago, he contacted my parents and let them know he was planning to bring her up.

He then contacted me to help him find a photographer in the area. I instantly though of Aaron Huberty who has a terrific photo bloc (link to come) and went to Wheaton with Kevin. He now works at CHS as a teacher (which is where Kevin and I went to college).

It took everything in me not to tell my sister. We talk every day and I just wanted to burst it out. But, I was good and acted suprised when she said she was coming up for the holiday. :)

Kevin and I had Friday off from work so we hung out with Hope and Jordan. We went shopping and had a good time.

On Saturday morning my sister went to get her nails done with my mom and when she got home, Jordan suprised her with broadway tickets to see "Wicked" in NYC!

On their way back from the city, Jordan texted Kevin and me "TEXT HOPE".

The day before, Jordan said if it was hard to find a reason to get her to the beach he would have us text her to have them go with us.

So, I texted Hope and asked her if she wanted to meet us at the beach and to check if that was okay with Jordan.

He clearly said it would be okay.

When they got to the beach, Jordan pulled out all the materials for a world class picnic.

Hope turned to him and squeeled saying, "This is the perfect end to the perfect day!"

If she only knew what the end would be!!

So, I texted her that Kevin and I were stuck in "traffic" so they should go ahead.

I was also texting the photographer with their exact location.

As they were eating, Hope noticed a photographer taking a picture of the landscape. Before she could say anything, Jordan stood up and said,
"Can you stand up with me?"

As she stood up, he went down on one knee and said something to the extent of,

"You are the most wonderful person I have ever met. I love you and want to be with you for the rest of our lives. Will you marry me?"

She replied with a resounding, "Of course!"

Afterwards they came to my parent's house for a celebration.

They are both some of the most amazing people alive. Generous, kind, considerate, and beautiful to boot.

I could not be happier for the both of them and to be able to celebrate their love for each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment