Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Compliments and productivity

Today, the president of my company came up to me and said, "I can not give you enough compliments for how well you have done today. If you keep up the good work, I can really see you moving up here in the near future."

This came at the perfect time for me. I was working on a bunch of projects and needed this affirmation to give me the boost to work hard on them.

Perhaps my boost in energy was really because I'm a goal-oriented, type-a, with borderline OCD. Who knows?

The relationship between compliments and productivity seems to be situational at times and often based on the personalities in the interaction and may also have to do with the way a person was raised.

My parents used goals and affirmation to keep me motivated/focused as a kid, so I respond well to that stimuli.

What keeps you moving during the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment