Saturday, May 5, 2012

Master's Oral Presentation

The other night I had my oral presentation for my masters.

I was skyped in to a room full of coms professors.

A couple students went before me.

The first student conducted an ethnography on the increased social media usage of a Native American tribe. She found that texting was only acceptable for certain occasions by leaders of the tribe.

The second student discussed social media's impact on nonprofit goving. She found that social media helped nonprofits fundraising efforts.

Then it was my turn. I talked about fashion as semiotic communication. Presented a Barthes theory called "the vestimentary code" and discussed a study I conducted and the results.

I answered all of their questions easily and actually enjoyed talking about the project I was working on for a year's time.

I'm happier that it's nearly over!!

T minus 1 week to graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment