Monday, July 23, 2012

Warped Tour with Friends

This past weekend, Kevin and I went to the Warped Tour with some of our friends from high school.

Warped Tour is a music festival for hardcore, rock, and indie music.

It was such a good time! 


Sunny with a cool breeze, we nostalgically listened to and danced to bands we so loved "back in the day" and also some bands that we just started listening to. 


Something that I realized half-way through the day is how old I am getting.


More than half of the people there were much younger than me, were clothed in such an odd 80's inspired  fashion (I must be out of the loop on new trends), and by the end of the day my body ached so much, I could not keep up any more and could not wait to go to bed!


However, something else I realized on the other end of the spectrum was how young I still am now.

Kevin and I are in this selfish phase of our lives where we can go wherever we want, whenever we want.

We can go to a music festival and dance until we can't feel our feet any more and sing until our voices are hoarse. 


We can buy band tee shirts and eat snow cones until we get sick.


We can stay up late and choose whenever we want to go home or if we want to go home or stay the night in the car, or at a hotel, or on a couch somewhere.


 We can set up a tent where we stay the rest of the weekend, the week, or even a month.


It's a phase in our life and I love it, but part of me realizes that we are gearing up for the next phase in our life as well. I'm not entirely sure what that phase is. We shall see.


For now, I will just love the one we are in and take full advantage of it.


Just booked a trip to Jamaica and a Jamaican bobsled ride through the jungle... Wootwoot!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment