Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Declaring Independence Today

Hello Friends!

Today is Independence Day, a time where our country reflects upon the gutsy act of standing up and fighting for freedom.

This had me thinking... What are the areas I need to work on in my life today to help me truly declare independence?

There will always be things in our lives that will try to get us down, whether it be certain people or situations that seem beyond our control. When we reflect on negative things, we further entrench the oppressor/oppressed dichotomy that makes us a slave to the people and situations around us.

We all choose to declare something. Set yourself free today.

Reject: Guilt, anger, pride.
Declare: Forgiveness, love, humility.

Accept the belief that we have the freedom to let ourselves truly be happy, despite adversity, if we are willing to fight for it.

That's what I'm choosing today... Independence.

What's your declaration?

No comments:

Post a Comment